Schools must take an attendance register twice a day.  Any absences will be recorded with a specific code depending on the type of absence. Absences fall into two main categories:

  • authorised – those which schools can give you permission for
  • unauthorised – those which they will not.

If your child needs a leave of absence you must ask for permission in advance. The headteacher can only approve the absence if they view them to be exceptional reasons. The headteacher also decides on the number of days to authorise or unauthorise. You can request a leave of absence form from the school office.

Hampshire CC Attendance Guidance for Parents

Once a term we will be informing you of your child's attendance rate via either their annual report and / or parent/teacher consultation meetings.