We are a small school of approximately 130 on role, aged 4 -11 and organised in 5 classes. Our classrooms are well-organised and of a high quality. We also have an additional suite of laptop computers and a bank of iPads with wi-fi throughout and a well-resourced library and study centre. We ensure that our school is a highly effective place in which to learn.
Our class structure changes each year due to the size of the school. The current structure is as follows;
- Willow (Year R & Yr 1 – Mrs Wollam & Mrs Wall with support from Mrs Williams
- Beech (Year 1 & 2) – Mrs Le Fevre with support from Mrs Clarke
- Maple (Year 3) – Miss Joyce with support from Miss Sims-Harding
- Rowan (Year 4) - Mr McGettigan with support from Miss Archer
- Oak (Year 5 & 6) – Mrs Gwilliam with support from Miss Bell and Mrs Rowe
On the sporting and recreational fronts we have virtually uninterrupted use of the village hall attached to our site, which is a superb space in which to do P.E., singing, dancing and worship. The school field is available to us for sports all year round. We believe in competitive sports and play matches and attend events with other schools.
Our playground facilities are also good including a soft area, climbing apparatus and extensive seating. The Friends of Sparsholt School (FoSS) actively fund-raised to provide a covered area. We have extensive grounds and a school pond to further bring to life the conservation of our wonderful rural environment.