We require your written permission to administer prescribed medicines in school. Please bring the medication to the school office where we will ask you to fill in and sign a permission slip which details the type of medication, the dose required and at what interval (if any) medication should be given.
- Please hand the medicine over to the office staff personally.
- Please do not decant medicines into other containers. We can only accept medicines in their original container as disposed by the pharmacy, otherwise we might miss important instructions and warnings.
- If your child refuses to take the medicine, we will make every effort to inform you on the same day.
- For any medication on a long term basis, ask the pharmacy if they can supply a separate labelled supply just for the school (they might need another prescription to do this). We can then keep a separate supply at school without the need for you to send medicines in each day.
- Any instructions for dosage and storage must be included along with the date the medicine was first opened.
We can no longer accept any other non-prescribed medicines e.g. Calpol, cough syrups, skin creams, antihistamines. If your child requires any of these medicines please arrange for them to be prescribed.