We have pupils and staff who have severe allergic reactions to nuts and nut derivatives. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products and cross contamination. Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk by:
- avoiding giving your child / children nuts and nut derivatives in school lunches and snacks - examples include peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella, snacks/bars containing nuts, sesame, pesto, nut oils, nut flours and nut milks. (This list is not exhaustive.)
- asking children not to share their lunches.
Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of an allergic reaction. We thank you for your co-operation.